Zara’s Garden is a beautiful greenhouse/gardens/wedding venue that began hosting events in 2019. We welcome you to come for a venue visit so we can show you how we can help make your wedding day perfect and exactly how you’ve always dreamed it could be! We would love to be a beautiful start to your happily ever after!
We have 3 distinct areas available for weddings:
~The Reception Garden
~The Lawn (includes bonfire pit)
The greenhouse is a gorgeous, light-infused space perfect for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The chandeliers and string lighting transform it into a magical space after dark. The outdoor areas are designed & newly landscaped specifically with weddings in mind. In case of inclement weather, or for added insurance, there is ample space for a wedding tent (if you choose not to use the greenhouse), with plenty of additional greenspace for cocktails, mingling or photo ops. This area also includes a pergola, lighting/torches, and a bonfire pit.
Location: We are located on 11 acres on Hwy 14 on the west edge of Winkler city limits, 1 mile east of the junction of PTH 3 and PTH 14.
Our address is:
22147 Highway 14 W, Winkler, MB. GPS co-ordinates: 49.1932°N, 97.9754°W. You will find us on Google Maps.
Directions from Winkler: 1 mile west of 15th St on Hwy 14.
Directions from Morden: 1 mile east of Boundary Trails Health Center on Hwy 14.
Directions from Winnipeg: 100 kms from Perimeter at Oak Bluff or St. Norbert.
· Black chiavari chairs & 4 wood harvest tables
· use of outdoor Reception Garden with pergola and lighting
· on-site parking for up to 200 guests
· site host
· optional décor items set up to your specifications (selections shown below)
· 3 chandeliers & rotating party light
· criss cross ceiling string lights
· ceiling greenery over dance floor
· perimeter lighting
· bonfire pit (additional charges apply)
· large bar counter and bar fridge
· dance floor under the center chandelier
· private prep room with restroom
· 2 indoor restrooms – 1 is wheelchair accessible.
· heating/wall fans/venting
· coat rack
· large projector screen
· caterers prep area (no kitchen)
Weddings do not include:
· set-up and clean-up of any items you rent from a 3rd party or bring personally
· linen/dish/glassware rentals
· LGCA liquor permit & licensed bar tender
· ceremony sound system & sound tech
· parking attendants
· air conditioning
· additional portable restrooms (if required, based on MB Health regulations for # of guests)
Some of our OPTIONAL RENTAL ITEMS:
o black chair pads
o white chairs for bride/groom
o white chair pads (for head table only)
o backdrop of fabric & lights
o wood window frames
o black iron arbor
o wood arbor
o outdoor pergola fabric draping
o greenery: table garland & wreaths
o vases with floating candle
o black wire grids (2’X6’) with mini clothespins
o 8’ white banquet tables
o 60” white round banquet tables
o cocktail adjustable height tables
o white signing table & chair
o wood bar height table
o wood round table
o rolling workbench/bar cart
o white lighted trees (1–8’, 2–4’)
o “and so together…” sign
o velvet loveseat/sofa (for bridal party photography)
o 12’ church pew
o bonfire pit
WEDDING DAY DETAILS:
· WEDDING DAY: Zara’s Garden is available from 9am – midnight.
· REHEARSAL: Rehearsal either occurs the day before or it will be arranged during the week prior. (depending on which wedding package you choose)
· MUSIC: Music and all noise must be considerate of neighbors. Unnecessary noise which disturbs the peace or comfort of neighbors will not be permitted. Music off at midnight.
· PREP ROOM: This area includes a velvet sofa & love seat, a full length mirror, a bar fridge, a kitchen sink, and access to a private restroom. It may be used as private space for pre-wedding touch-up, or can also be used as a staging area for the caterers.
· FOOD SERVICES: You are responsible to arrange catering of all food and beverages. There is no kitchen on site, however a covered staging area adjacent to the greenhouse will be provided with access to hydro and water. This area is in close proximity to greenhouse buffet tables, and includes 4 – 8’ folding tables. We welcome communication with your caterer prior to the wedding date to ensure needs are met.
· RESTROOMS: There are 2 indoor restrooms on-site. As per MB Health, additional portables may be required dependant on number of guests. You will be billed for add'l restroom rentals if applicable.
· VENUE DÉCOR: No personal décor items are permitted to be attached to walls or ceiling. Contained candles are permitted. Faux rose petals permitted indoors. Live rose petals permitted outdoors. No open candles, glitter, rice, confetti, or fireworks permitted. Sparkler exit is permitted in parking lot, away from greenhouse.
· SET-UP: Zara’s Garden will set-up tables, chairs, and optional décor items (see below) to your specifications before you arrive. You are responsible to set up all your rented tableware, linens, personal décor items, and other items that you provide personally. Full service set-up/decorating/clean-up available upon pre-arrangement only including organizing rental of tableware and linens.
· CLEAN-UP: You are responsible to clean up the following: all garbage, recycling, personal décor items are removed from site the same day; all rented dishes/glassware/linens are removed or packed and stacked for pick up by 9am the next morning; all food & liquor is removed from site the same day. Next day clean up must be pre-arranged, and may be permitted if available.
· LIQUOR: Liquor is only permitted on property with proof of LGCA permit. Permit & liquor receipts must be posted during the event. Your designated licensed bar tender must prevent excessive consumption. 1 bartender per 100 guests. You are expected to facilitate a ride-safe for your guests.
· SITE HOST: The site-host is authorized to call authorities to remove any persons from the site for any reason that compromises the safety of guests or for damage to property. The Site host will be on-site to control the heating unit, ceiling fans, and motorized window and roof venting to make your event as comfortable as possible.
· SMOKING: Zara’s Garden is smoke-free. Smoking of any kind and illegal substances are not permitted on the premises. Designated smoking area is at the front gate.
· GUESTS: You are responsible for the conduct and supervision of all guests on-site, and must see that
all regulations contained in your signed contract are followed.
· INSURANCE: We carry liability insurance for the unlikely event a guest holds us liable for an injury sustained on site. Our provider advises you to purchase your own liability insurance in the event a guest holds you personally liable.
· PARKING: We have on-site parking. You are responsible to supply parking attendants if over 100 guests are attending.
· VEHICLES: Any vehicles left on property will be towed after noon the next day. Vehicle owner is responsible for all towing fees.
· LOST & FOUND: Zara’s Garden takes no responsibility for personal possessions left on premises before, during or after any event. We do, however, maintain a lost and found and will hold recovered items up to 30 days. Zara’s Garden is not responsible for you or your guests’ lost or damaged personal property.
· BRIDAL SUITE/ACCOMMODATION: Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast is located right next to Zara’s Garden property. It is the perfect location for getting ready, accommodation for friends and family from out of town, or even as a honeymoon suite. Booking is online, directly through Pine Loft AirBnb.
Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast is right at the edge of Zara's Garden property. It is the perfect location for getting ready, or accommodation for friends and family from out of town, or even as a honeymoon suite. Booking is online, directly through Pine Loft Airbnb. See link below to reserve this amazing space for your wedding day!
Several packages available. Price range: $2000 - $3500+.
Contact us for details & availability.
PAYMENT / CANCELLATION POLICY:
To reserve date: $1000 non-refundable deposit.
6 months prior to wedding date: $1000 payment due
3 months prior to wedding date: $500 refundable damage deposit and remaining balance due.
At rehearsal: Payment for any additional décor rentals not included
in original quote.
· Fees/penalties/damage expenses will be debited from damage deposit and any remaining balance will be due or damage deposit returned within 10 days of wedding.
· Full refund, less $1000, will be issued if cancelled more than 6 months ahead of wedding day. No refund if cancelled less than 6 months ahead of wedding date.
· Venue is available only for contracted date/time, and only for intended purpose. It is not transferrable.
· Payment may be made by e-transfer, cheque or cash only.
· We are required to charge GST.
Possible additional charges:
· Any and all damages to furniture, facility and grounds above damage deposit.
· Excessive cleaning.
· Cigarette butts, alcohol containers, evidence of illegal substances, or excessive litter found on-site, will result in forfeiture of damage deposit.
· Portable restrooms (if required; based on guest count)
· Extended exit charge of $100 per ½ hour after midnight.
· Full service set-up/decorating/clean-up of personal and 3rd party items you provide. Price dependent on services required. Must be pre-arranged.
We would love to be the beautiful start to your happily ever after! Contact us today to arrange a venue visit!
Steph Penner - home page photo credit
Brittany Unrau https://www.instagram.com/brittanyunrauphotography/
Videographer: Kayla at
Simply Sweet Buttercreams https://www.instagram.com/simply.sweet.buttercreams/
Kevin at Flatland Catering
Danny's Whole Hog
Kings Deli & Eatery - charcuterie, dessert platters
Earthbuds Florist - bouquets, garlands, centerpieces https://www.facebook.com/EarthBudsFlorist/
Janzen Brothers - high quality sound system rentals
Party On Rentals - linens, dishes, decor http://www.partyonrentals.net/
Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/29455789?source_impression_id=p3_1575581078_%2B5qy2FWc%2BLNFshSe
More pics below! Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast is a 3 minute walk to Zara's Garden. It is the perfect location for getting ready, or accommodation for friends and family from out of town, or even as a honeymoon suite. Booking is online, directly through Pine Loft Airbnb. See link above to reserve this amazing space for your wedding day!
wedding photos credit: @kalfal