Zara’s Garden is a beautiful new greenhouse/gardens/wedding venue that began hosting events in 2019. We welcome you to come for a venue visit so we can show you how we can work with your vision of a perfect wedding day and together make that dream come true!
Location: We are located on 11 acres on Hwy 14 on the west edge of Winkler city limits, 1 mile east of the junction of PTH 3 and PTH 14. From Winnipeg, we are a 1 hour drive from the perimeter at either Oak Bluff or St. Norbert.
We have 3 beautiful areas available for wedding rentals:
~The Reception Garden
Greenhouse weddings include classy black chiavari chairs & our harvest tables! Plus...
· use of outdoor Reception Garden with pergola and lighting
· on-site parking for 200 guests
· site host 9am – midnight.
· optional rentals set up to your specifications (selections shown below)
· 3 chandeliers & rotating party light
· criss-cross ceiling string lights
· ceiling greenery over dance floor
· perimeter lighting
· bonfire pit area
· large bar counter
· bar fridge
· space for dance floor under the chandelier
· private prep room with private restroom
· 2 indoor restrooms – 1 is wheelchair accessible.
· heating/wall fans/venting
· coat rack
· large projector screen
· caterers prep area (no kitchen)
Weddings do not include:
· set-up and clean-up of any items you rent from a 3rd party or bring personally
· linen/dish/glassware rentals
· LGCA liquor permit & licensed bar tender
· ceremony sound system & sound tech
· parking attendants if necessary
· air conditioning
- additional portable restrooms (if required; based on group size)
Reception Garden & The Lawn: These outdoor areas are newly landscaped specifically with weddings in mind. There are several options for outdoor ceremony and reception locations. In case of inclement weather, or for added insurance, there is ample space for a wedding tent, with plenty of additional greenspace for cocktails, mingling or photo ops. Hydro, water, and restrooms are provided. Many of the optional rental items (see below) are available in these outdoor spaces. This area also includes a pergola, lighting/torches, and a bonfire pit.
OPTIONAL RENTAL ITEMS:
o black chiavari chairs
o black chair pads*
o white chairs for bride/groom
o white chair pads (for head table only)*
o backdrop of fabric & lights
o wood window frames
o black iron arbor
o wood arbor
o outdoor pergola fabric draping*
o greenery: table garland & wreaths
o vases with floating candle
o black wire grids (2’X6’) with mini clothespins
o 8’ wood harvest tables (4) 10' white wood head table (1)
o 8’ white banquet tables*
o 60” white round banquet tables*
o cocktail adjustable height tables
o white signing table & chair
o wood bar height table
o wood round table
o rolling workbench/bar cart
o white lighted trees (1–8’, 2–4’)
o “and so together…” sign
o velvet loveseat/sofa (for bridal party photography)
o 12’ church pew
o bonfire pit*
Note: items noted with an * are available for an additional charge with the "Happily Ever After" wedding package.
WEDDING DAY DETAILS:
· WEDDING DAY: Zara’s Garden is available from 9am – midnight.
· REHEARSAL: Rehearsal may be combined with set-up the day before the wedding or booked on a weeknight during the week prior to the wedding. You are welcome to host your rehearsal dinner here.
· MUSIC: Music and all noise must be considerate of neighbors. Unneccesary noise which disturbs the peace or comfort of neighbours will not be permitted. Music off at midnight.
· PREP ROOM: Private room with restroom. This area includes a velvet sofa & love seat, a full length mirror, a bar fridge, a kitchen sink, and access to a private restroom. It may be used as private space for pre-wedding touch-up, or can also be used as a staging area for the caterers.
· FOOD SERVICES: You are responsible to arrange catering of all food and beverages. There is no kitchen on site, however a covered staging area adjacent to the greenhouse will be provided with access to hydro and water. This area is in close proximity (approx 10’) to greenhouse buffet tables, and includes 4 – 8’ folding tables. We welcome communication with your caterer prior to the wedding date to ensure needs are met.
- RESTROOMS: There are 2 indoor restrooms in the greenhouse. As per MB Health, additional portable restrooms may need to be brought on site based on your group size. If required, you will be billed for additional restrooms.
· VENUE DÉCOR: No personal décor items are permitted to be attached to walls or ceiling. Contained candles are permitted. Faux rose petals permitted indoors. Live rose petals permitted outdoors. No open candles, glitter, rice, confetti, or fireworks permitted. Sparkler exit is permitted in parking lot, away from greenhouse.
· SET-UP: Zara’s Garden staff will set-up tables, chairs, and optional ZG rentals décor items (as noted below) to your specifications before you arrive. You (or person you designate) are responsible to set up all your rented tableware, personal décor items, and other rentals that you provide personally. Full service set-up/decorating/clean-up available upon request including organizing rental of tableware and linens.
· CLEAN-UP: You (or person you designate) are responsible to clean up the following: all garbage, recycling, personal items and décor are removed from site; all rented dishes/glassware/linens are removed or packed and stacked for pick up the next morning; all food & liquor is removed from site.
· LIQUOR: Liquor is only permitted on property with proof of LGCA permit. Permit & liquor receipts must be posted during the event. Your designated licensed bar tender must prevent excessive consumption. 1 bartender per 100 guests. You are expected to facilitate a ride-safe for your guests.
· SITE HOST: The site-host is authorized to call authorities to remove any persons from the site for any reason that compromises the safety of guests or for damage to property. The Site host will be on-site to control the heating unit, ceiling fans, and motorized window and roof venting to make your event as comfortable as possible.
· SMOKING: Zara’s Garden is smoke-free. Smoking of any kind and illegal substances are not permitted on the premises. Designated smoking area is approx 150’ from greenhouse entrance door.
· GUESTS: You are responsible for the conduct and supervision of all guests on-site, and must see that all regulations contained in your signed contract are followed.
· INSURANCE: We carry liability insurance for the unlikely event a guest holds us liable for an injury sustained on site. Our provider advises you to purchase your own liability insurance in the event a guest holds you personally liable.
· PARKING: We have on-site parking. You are responsible to supply parking attendants if necessary.
· VEHICLES: Any vehicles left on property will be towed by 9am the next morning. Vehicle owner is responsible for all towing fees.
· LOST & FOUND: Zara’s Garden takes no responsibility for personal possessions left on premises before, during or after any event. We do, however, maintain a lost and found and will hold recovered items up to 30 days. Zara’s Garden is not responsible for you or your guests’ lost or damaged personal property.
Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast is literally 10' from the edge of Zara's Garden property. It is the perfect location for getting ready, or accommodation for friends and family from out of town, or even as a honeymoon suite. Booking is online, directly through Pine Loft Airbnb. See link below to reserve this amazing space for your wedding day!
WEDDING PACKAGES & PRICING:
The "Love Story" wedding package
This wedding package is all about the love. It is perfect for those dreaming of an intimate wedding with just their close friends and family gathered together. Perhaps it's a beautiful ceremony in our light-infused, glass greenhouse, or perhaps a garden ceremony under the pergola. The reception that follows might be a delightful brunch, cocktails & desserts, a fully catered meal, or an evening around the bonfire with music and twinkling lights all around. However you choose to celebrate, we promise to help you create the most memorable and beautiful day of your life.
starting at $1500
Up to 50 people.
Available for 6 hours between 9am and midnight. Set up is same day, prior to the 6 hours. Rehearsal will be scheduled during the week prior.
Includes wood harvest tables, black chiavari chairs, wood and/or iron arbor. Additional decor items (listed above) are available for additional charge.
Call for availability.
The "Happily Ever After" wedding package
This wedding package is the perfect start to your happily ever after! All your wedding dreams will come true as you gather with up to 200 of your friends & family in our beautiful light-infused, glass greenhouse to say "I do", and then dance the night away as the greenhouse transforms into something magical after dark. The reception garden is also available if you prefer an outdoor garden ceremony or a beautiful place for your guests to mingle for cocktail hour. Later, let the party spill outdoors with a bonfire and twinkling lights all around. Your guests will enjoy and exceptional experience and you'll have beautiful memories to last a lifetime!
starting at $2800
Up to 200 people.
Available for full wedding day plus set-up and rehearsal the day before. You are welcome to bring in food for your rehearsal dinner.
Greenhouse 2021 availability: April, August, September, October. Outdoor weddings available June - October.
Includes all decor items (as listed above unless noted by an *)
PAYMENT / CANCELLATION POLICY:
To reserve wedding date: $1000 non-refundable deposit.
6 months prior to date: $1000 deposit.
2 months prior to date: $500 refundable damage deposit and remaining balance due.
At rehearsal: Payment for any unexpected or additional décor rentals.
· Fees/penalties/damage expenses will be debited from damage deposit and any remaining balance will be due or damage deposit returned within 10 days of wedding.
· No refund will be issued if cancelled less than 6 months ahead of wedding day.
· Venue is available only for contracted date/time, and only for intended purpose. It is not transferrable.
· Payment may be made by e-transfer, cheque or cash only.
· We are required to charge GST.
Possible additional charges:
· Any and all damages to furniture, facility and grounds above damage deposit.
· Excessive cleaning.
· Cigarette butts, alcohol containers, evidence of illegal substances, or excessive litter found on-site, will result in forfeiture of damage deposit.
- Portable restrooms ( if required)
· Extended exit charge of $100 per ½ hour after midnight. Must be pre-arranged.
· Optional full service set-up/decorating/clean-up of personal and 3rd party items you provide. Price dependant on services required. Must be pre-arranged.
We would love to be the beautiful start to your happily ever after! Contact us today to arrange a venue visit!
Steph Penner - home page photo credit
Brittany Unrau https://www.instagram.com/brittanyunrauphotography/
Videographer: Kayla at
Simply Sweet Buttercreams https://www.instagram.com/simply.sweet.buttercreams/
Kevin at Flatland Catering
Danny's Whole Hog
Kings Deli & Eatery - charcuterie, dessert platters
Earthbuds Florist - bouquets, garlands, centerpieces https://www.facebook.com/EarthBudsFlorist/
Janzen Brothers - high quality sound system rentals
Party On Rentals - linens, dishes, decor http://www.partyonrentals.net/
Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/29455789?source_impression_id=p3_1575581078_%2B5qy2FWc%2BLNFshSe
More pics below! Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast is a 3 minute walk to Zara's Garden. It is the perfect location for getting ready, or accommodation for friends and family from out of town, or even as a honeymoon suite. Booking is online, directly through Pine Loft Airbnb. See link above to reserve this amazing space for your wedding day!
wedding photos credit: @kalfal