NOTE: We are a seasonal venue. Zara's Garden greenhouse is only available for weddings from August - October.
Contact us for details & availability.
NOTE: All Saturdays are booked for 2023. Weekdays available.
Currently taking bookings for 2024.
Zara’s Garden is a beautiful greenhouse/gardens/wedding venue that began hosting events in 2019. We welcome you to come for a venue visit so we can show you how we can help make your wedding day perfect and exactly how you’ve always dreamed it could be! We would love to be a beautiful start to your happily ever after!
We have 3 distinct areas available for weddings:
~The Cocktail Garden
~The Lawn (includes outdoor bar & bonfire pit)
The greenhouse is a gorgeous, light-infused space perfect for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The chandeliers and string lighting transform it into a magical space especially after dark. The outdoor areas are designed & newly landscaped specifically with weddings in mind. This area includes a cocktail garden, ceremony area, lighted pergolas, string lighting, an outdoor bar and a large bonfire pit. There is plenty of additional greenspace for cocktails, mingling, lawn games and photo ops. Within the greenhouse is a room for your caterer to stage your dinner, as well as a new bridal suite - a lovely place for the wedding party to hang out during the day in air conditioned comfort.
Location: We are located on 11 acres on Hwy 14 on the west edge of Winkler city limits, 1 mile east of the junction of PTH 3 and PTH 14.
Our address is:
22147 Highway 14 W, Winkler, MB. GPS co-ordinates: 49.1932°N, 97.9754°W. You will find us on Google Maps.
Directions from Winkler: 1 mile west of 15th St on Hwy 14.
Directions from Morden: 5 miles east on Hwy 14.
Directions from Winnipeg: 100 kms from Perimeter at Oak Bluff or St. Norbert.
Please take note of the following considerations when determining if Zara's Garden is the right venue for your wedding.
Time in/out: Friday and Saturday 9am - midnight; Sunday - Thursday 9am - 11pm.
House rules: We love hosting beautiful weddings! However, if you are looking for a venue to host a loud party with excess liquor and potentially unruly guests, this is not the venue for you. We are within Winkler city limits and abide by city noise bylaws.
Greenhouse: Our greenhouse was built as a working greenhouse. It houses plants for the spring season and hosts events August - October. Two things to note about greenhouses: they get warm on a sunny day and can be noisy when it rains.
In the event it is a hot day, and for the comfort of your guests, we recommend 6pm as the earliest time to start your reception indoors. (most ceremonies occur in our beautiful outdoor spaces beginning at approx. 4pm)
We have ceiling fans and operable roofs to help keep the greenhouse cooler, and an air conditioned bridal suite for the wedding party to use. When the weather gets cooler in fall, we have heat in the greenhouse to keep everyone warm.
The following is a typical 2-day wedding schedule. (but you plan as you wish!)
Between 10:00am - 5:00pm Ceremony & Reception set-up: Family and wedding party arrives to set the tables (if your caterer is not setting them), and set-up decor items that you bring in (eg table linens, candles, seating chart, place cards, centerpieces, decorate the indoor arch, guest book table, etc.) Outdoor ceremony chairs, aisle decor, outdoor arch and and sound system are set-up for the ceremony just before rehearsal begins.
Note: Some weddings set up in under 2 hours. Others take 6 or more hours. Tables, chairs and any of our decor that you choose to use, are set up and ready when you arrive. The length of set-up time you need to plan for is dependant on decor items, tableware and personal touches you are bringing in. Full service set-up and clean-up is available if you prefer to just show up for the wedding day without being involved in the preparations.
6:30 (optional) rehearsal dinner in the greenhouse
1:30pm First Look and wedding party photos at Zara's Garden, indoors and outdoors.
3:30 Family photos
4:30 guests begin to arrive
5:00 outdoor ceremony (or in greenhouse if inclement weather)
5:30 - 6:30 Cocktail hour: Outdoor bar opens and time to mingle and take photos with friends.
6:30 Dinner is served and indoor bar opens
8:00 First Dance
8:10 Cake cutting and dessert is served
[Golden hour photos happen 1/2 hour before sunset and take approx 10-15 min. Check what time the sun sets on your day so that you can schedule that in without disrupting the flow of your evening. Be sure to pre-arrange it with your photographer.]
8:30 Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances followed by dance party in the greenhouse or outdoors
8:30 bonfire is lit
10:30 or 11:00 last call
11:30 music off and clean-up begins
12:00 premises vacated
The following is a typical 1-day wedding schedule:
9:00am - 11:00am Caterer sets tables, florist delivers bouquets and centerpieces, and decorates the arch. Sound tech or DJ arrives to set up audio/video equipment. Wedding party and family, OR other designated people, arrive to decorate and set up personal touches. eg. signage, seating chart, etc.
11:00am - noon Wedding rehearsal (you may also choose to have rehearsal an evening the week prior)
11:00am - 2:00pm lunch, hair & makeup appointments, getting ready etc
2:00pm First Look photos followed by wedding party photos
3:30 Family photos
(See 2-day schedule above for the rest of the day schedule)
· REHEARSAL: Rehearsal occurs the day before if you have booked a two-day package. For a one-day package, rehearsal occurs the morning of, or an evening in the week prior.
· MUSIC: Music and all noise must be considerate of neighbors. Unnecessary noise which disturbs the peace or comfort of neighbors will not be permitted. No thumping bass. Music off at 11:30 pm on weekends; at 10:30pm on weekdays.
· BRIDAL ROOM: This area is a perfect spot for your wedding party to hang out during your day! New for the 2023 season, it includes air conditioning, comfy furniture, 2 full-length mirrors, a private restroom and plenty of outlets to charge everyone's phone. It can be used as private space for pre-ceremony touch-up, and a place to keep all your personal belongings for the day.
· FOOD SERVICES: You are responsible to arrange catering of all food and beverages. There is no kitchen on site, however a caterers staging room is provided inside the greenhouse. We welcome communication with your caterer prior to the wedding date to ensure needs are met. As per MB Health, no homemade food is permitted. All food must come from a licensed caterer, restaurant, or pre-packaged from a grocery store (eg Costco desserts)
· RESTROOMS: There are 4 indoor restrooms on-site including one that is wheelchair accessible.
· VENUE DÉCOR: No personal décor items are permitted to be attached to walls or ceiling. Contained candles are permitted. Faux rose petals permitted indoors. Live rose petals permitted outdoors. No open candles, glitter, rice, or confetti. Fireworks permitted with a City of Winkler Fire Dept. permit. Sparkler exit is permitted in parking lot or the reception garden, or anywhere away from greenhouse.
· SET-UP: Zara’s Garden will set-up reception tables, chairs, and optional décor items (see below) to your specifications before you arrive. You are responsible to set up your rented tableware, linens, and personal décor items. Full service set-up/decorating/clean-up available upon pre-arrangement only including organizing rental of tableware and linens.
· CLEAN-UP: You are responsible to clean up the following: All garbage & recycling are bagged. Personal décor items and all food / liquor is removed from site the same day. Rented dishes/glassware/linens are removed or packed and stacked for pick up by 9am the next morning.
· LIQUOR: Liquor is only permitted on property with proof of LGCA permit. Permit must be posted during the event. Your designated bar tender must prevent excessive consumption. 1 bartender per 100 guests. You are expected to facilitate a ride-safe for your guests. As per LGCA, a licensed bar tender is NOT required at Zara's Garden.
· SITE HOST: The site-host is authorized to call authorities to remove any persons from the site for any reason that compromises the safety of guests or for damage to property. The Site host will be on-site to control the heating unit, ceiling fans, and motorized window and roof venting to make your event as comfortable as possible.
· SMOKING: Zara’s Garden is smoke free. Smoking of any kind, including vaping, and illegal substances are not permitted on the premises. Designated smoking area is at the front gate.
· GUESTS/PETS: You are responsible for the conduct and supervision of all guests on-site, and must see that all regulations contained in your signed contract are followed. Leashed family pets of the wedding couple are permitted on-site for ceremony purposes only.
· INSURANCE: We carry liability insurance for the unlikely event a guest holds us liable for an injury sustained on site. Our insurance provider advises you to purchase your own liability insurance in the event a guest holds you personally liable. We do not require you to do so.
· PARKING: We have on-site parking and over-flow parking. You are responsible to supply 1-2 parking attendants if over 70 guests are attending.
· VEHICLES: Any vehicles left on property will be towed after noon the next day. Vehicle owner is responsible for all towing fees.
· LOST & FOUND: Zara’s Garden takes no responsibility for personal possessions left on premises before, during or after any event. We do, however, maintain a lost and found and will hold recovered items up to 30 days. Zara’s Garden is not responsible for you or your guests’ lost or damaged personal property.
Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast (not affiliated with Zara's Garden) is right at the edge of our property. It is the perfect location for getting ready, or accommodation for friends and family from out of town, or even as a honeymoon suite. Booking is online, directly through Pine Loft Airbnb. See link below to reserve this amazing space for your wedding day! (book early - it fills up quickly!)
3 hotels are within a 5 minute drive. (Best Western Plus, Days Inn, and Quality Inn)
$3200 - $3900.
Weddings include: (some exceptions may apply, and some additions may be included)
· black chiavari chairs; wood harvest tables and round & rectangular banquet tables to seat up to 150 will be set up and ready for you when you arrive to set up and decorate. Layout of the tables is determined by you when we meet ahead of time to talk through your wedding plans.
· use of outdoor Cocktail Garden, ceremony area, large green space including pergolas, outdoor bar and firepit.
· on-site parking for up to 150 guests.
· wedding planning services and site host for set-up and wedding day.
· optional décor items set up to your specifications (selections shown below)
· chandeliers & rotating party light
· criss cross ceiling string lights
· ceiling greenery over dance floor
· perimeter lighting
· bonfire pit and outdoor bar
· large indoor bar counter
· dance floor under the center chandelier
· air conditioned private bridal room with restroom
· 4 indoor restrooms – 1 is wheelchair accessible.
· heating/wall fans/venting
· coat rack
· large projector screen
· caterers staging room with counter space and full-size fridge. (no kitchen)
Weddings do not include:
· set-up and clean-up of any items you rent from a 3rd party or bring personally
· linen/dish/glassware rentals
· LGCA liquor permit & bar tender
· ceremony sound system & sound tech
· parking attendants
· air conditioning
NOTE: If you are renting a wedding tent instead of using the greenhouse, the City of Winkler has a permit application, and a fee will be required by the local planning district - MSTW. We do not supply the tent but we can recommend local tent rental companies.
Decor & other items: (some may be included in your rental)
o black chair pads, white chair pads for head table
o black chiavari chairs (optional white chairs for bride/groom)
o indoor and outdoor wood arbor
o indoor backdrop of fabric & lights, white ceiling draping
o black iron arbor
o vases (variety of sizes)
o greenery: table garlands & wreaths for round tables
o 'Here comes the bride" banner
o standing black wire grid (2’X6’) for seating chart.
o variety of tables for signing, guestbook, sweetheart table etc.
o rolling wood bar cart, often used for guestbook, candy bar, gluten free buffet...
o 5 tier acrylic dessert stand
o white lighted trees
To reserve date: $1000 non-refundable deposit.
8 months prior to wedding date: $1000 payment due
6 months prior to wedding date: $1000 payment due
4 months prior to wedding date: remaining balance and GST due.
1 month prior to wedding date: $500 refundable damage deposit due.
· Full refund, less $1000 deposit, will be issued if cancelled more than 6 months ahead of wedding day. No refund of payments if cancelled less than 6 months ahead of wedding date.
· Venue is available only for contracted date/time, and only for intended purpose. It is not transferrable.
· Payment may be made by e-transfer, cheque or cash only.
· We are required to charge GST.
Possible additional charges:
· Any and all damages to furniture, facility and grounds above damage deposit.
· Excessive cleaning.
· Cigarette butts, alcohol containers, evidence of illegal substances, pet droppings, or excessive litter found on-site, will result in forfeiture of damage deposit.
See preferred vendors below the Photo Gallery! You are welcome to use your own vendors as well. We just know that these do a wonderful job here!
We would love to be the beautiful start to your happily ever after! Contact us today to arrange a venue visit!
Brittany Unrau https://www.instagram.com/brittanyunrauphotography/
Marina at New Style Catering
Simply Sweet Buttercreams https://www.instagram.com/simply.sweet.buttercreams/
Kevin at Flatland Catering
Danny's Whole Hog
Kings Deli & Eatery - charcuterie, dessert platters
Gil's Catering (BBQ & more)
Janzen Brothers - high quality sound system rentals
Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/29455789?source_impression_id=p3_1575581078_%2B5qy2FWc%2BLNFshSe
More pics below! Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast is a 3 minute walk to Zara's Garden. It is the perfect location for getting ready, or accommodation for friends and family from out of town, or even as a honeymoon suite. Booking is online, directly through Pine Loft Airbnb. See link above to reserve this amazing space for your wedding day!
wedding photos credit: @kalielisephoto
A brand new Best Western Plus (2021) is just a 2 minute drive down our road - newly named Diamond Drive. There is also a Quality Inn and a Days Inn within a 5 minute drive. Too numerous to mention are local restaurants and things to do in the Winkler/Morden area.