NOTE: We are a seasonal venue. Zara's Garden greenhouse is only available for weddings from August - October.
Zara’s Garden is a beautiful greenhouse/gardens/wedding venue that began hosting events in 2019. We welcome you to come for a venue visit so we can show you how we can help make your wedding day perfect and exactly how you’ve always dreamed it could be! We would love to be a beautiful start to your happily ever after!
We have 3 distinct areas available for weddings:
~The Cocktail Garden
~The Lawn (includes outdoor bar & bonfire pit)
The greenhouse is a gorgeous, light-infused space perfect for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The chandeliers and string lighting transform it into a magical space especially after dark. The outdoor areas are designed & newly landscaped specifically with weddings in mind. This area include lighted pergolas, string lighting & torches, an outdoor bar and a large bonfire pit. There is plenty of additional greenspace for cocktails, mingling and photo ops.
Location: We are located on 11 acres on Hwy 14 on the west edge of Winkler city limits, 1 mile east of the junction of PTH 3 and PTH 14.
Our address is:
22147 Highway 14 W, Winkler, MB. GPS co-ordinates: 49.1932°N, 97.9754°W. You will find us on Google Maps.
Directions from Winkler: 1 mile west of 15th St on Hwy 14.
Directions from Morden: 1 mile east of Boundary Trails Health Center on Hwy 14.
Directions from Winnipeg: 100 kms from Perimeter at Oak Bluff or St. Norbert.
Please take note of the following considerations when determining if Zara's Garden is the right venue for your wedding.
Time in/out: Friday and Saturday 9am - midnight; Sunday - Thursday 9am - 11pm.
House rules: We love hosting beautiful weddings! However, if you are looking for a venue to host a loud party with excess liquor and potentially unruly guests, this is not the venue for you. We are within Winkler city limits and abide by city noise bylaws.
Greenhouse: Our greenhouse was built as a working greenhouse. It houses plants for the spring season and hosts events August - October. Two things to note about greenhouses: they get very warm on a sunny day and they are noisy if it rains. In the event it is a hot summer day, and for the comfort of your guests, we recommend 6pm as the earliest time of day to host your ceremony or reception indoors.
The following is a typical wedding schedule. (but you plan as you wish!)
DAY-BEFORE-THE-WEDDING DAY SCHEDULE:
11:00am - 2:00pm Reception set-up: family and wedding party arrives to set-up personal decor items (eg table linens, candles, seating chart, place cards, centerpieces, decorate arch, guest book table) and set the tables (if your caterer is not setting them)
4:00 Ceremony set-up: chairs set-up in greenhouse or outdoors, sound system set-up
5:00 ceremony rehearsal
6:30 rehearsal dinner in the greenhouse (usually take-out is ordered in)
WEDDING DAY SCHEDULE:
1:30pm First Look and wedding party photos at Zara's Garden, indoors and outdoors.
3:30 Family photos
4:30 guests begin to arrive
5:00 outdoor ceremony (or in greenhouse if inclement weather)
5:30 - 6:30 outdoor cocktail hour and photos with friends in the reception garden
6:30 Dinner is served and bar opens
8:00 First Dance
8:10 Cake cutting and dessert is served
8:30 Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances followed by dance party in the greenhouse or outdoors
8:30 bonfire is lit, outdoor bar opens
10:30 or11:00 last call
11:30 music off and clean-up begins
12:00 premises vacated
· REHEARSAL: Rehearsal either occurs the day before or it will be arranged during the week prior. (depending on which wedding package you choose)
· MUSIC: Music and all noise must be considerate of neighbors. Unnecessary noise which disturbs the peace or comfort of neighbors will not be permitted. Music off at 11:30 pm on weekends; at 10pm on weekdays.
· PREP ROOM: This area includes a velvet sofa & love seat, a full length mirror, a bar fridge, a kitchen sink, and access to a private restroom. It may be used as private space for pre-wedding touch-up, or can also be used as a staging area for the caterers.
· FOOD SERVICES: You are responsible to arrange catering of all food and beverages. There is no kitchen on site, however a covered staging area adjacent to the greenhouse will be provided with access to hydro and water. This area is in close proximity to greenhouse buffet tables, and includes 4 – 6’ folding tables. We welcome communication with your caterer prior to the wedding date to ensure needs are met. As per MB Health, no homemade food is permitted. All food must come from a licensed caterer or pre-packaged from a grocery store (eg Costco desserts)
· RESTROOMS: There are 2 indoor restrooms on-site. As per MB Health, additional portables may be required dependant on number of guests. You will be billed for add'l restroom rentals if applicable.
· VENUE DÉCOR: No personal décor items are permitted to be attached to walls or ceiling. Contained candles are permitted. Faux rose petals permitted indoors. Live rose petals permitted outdoors. No open candles, glitter, rice, or confetti. Fireworks permitted with a City of Winkler Fire Dept. permit. Sparkler exit is permitted in parking lot or the reception garden, away from greenhouse.
· SET-UP: Zara’s Garden will set-up tables, chairs, and optional décor items (see below) to your specifications before you arrive. You are responsible to set up all your rented tableware, linens, personal décor items, and other items that you provide personally. Full service set-up/decorating/clean-up available upon pre-arrangement only including organizing rental of tableware and linens.
· CLEAN-UP: You are responsible to clean up the following: All garbage & recycling are bagged up and placed in bin. Personal décor items are removed from site the same day. All rented dishes/glassware/linens are removed or packed and stacked for pick up by 9am the next morning. All food & liquor is removed from site the same day. Next day clean up must be pre-arranged, and may be permitted if available.
· LIQUOR: Liquor is only permitted on property with proof of LGCA permit. Permit & liquor receipts must be posted during the event. Your designated bar tender must prevent excessive consumption. 1 bartender per 100 guests. You are expected to facilitate a ride-safe for your guests.
· SITE HOST: The site-host is authorized to call authorities to remove any persons from the site for any reason that compromises the safety of guests or for damage to property. The Site host will be on-site to control the heating unit, ceiling fans, and motorized window and roof venting to make your event as comfortable as possible.
· SMOKING: Zara’s Garden is smoke-free. Smoking of any kind and illegal substances are not permitted on the premises. Designated smoking area is at the front gate.
· GUESTS/PETS: You are responsible for the conduct and supervision of all guests on-site, and must see that all regulations contained in your signed contract are followed. Leashed family pets of the wedding couple are permitted on-site for ceremony purposes only.
· INSURANCE: We carry liability insurance for the unlikely event a guest holds us liable for an injury sustained on site. Our provider advises you to purchase your own liability insurance in the event a guest holds you personally liable. We do not require you to do so.
· PARKING: We have on-site parking. You are responsible to supply parking attendants if over 100 guests are attending.
· VEHICLES: Any vehicles left on property will be towed after noon the next day. Vehicle owner is responsible for all towing fees.
· LOST & FOUND: Zara’s Garden takes no responsibility for personal possessions left on premises before, during or after any event. We do, however, maintain a lost and found and will hold recovered items up to 30 days. Zara’s Garden is not responsible for you or your guests’ lost or damaged personal property.
Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast is right at the edge of Zara's Garden property. It is the perfect location for getting ready, or accommodation for friends and family from out of town, or even as a honeymoon suite. Booking is online, directly through Pine Loft Airbnb. See link below to reserve this amazing space for your wedding day!
Several packages available. Price range: $2500 - $3500. Add $500 for additional set-up day.
Contact us for details & availability.
Weddings include: (some exceptions may apply, and some additions may be included)
· black chiavari chairs; wood harvest tables and round & rectangular banquet tables to seat up to 150.
· use of outdoor Cocktail Garden and The Lawn, including pergolas, outdoor bar and firepit.
· on-site parking for up to 150 guests.
· site host
· optional décor items set up to your specifications (selections shown below)
· 3 chandeliers & rotating party light
· criss cross ceiling string lights
· ceiling greenery over dance floor
· perimeter lighting
· bonfire pit and outdoor bar
· large bar counter and bar fridge in greenhouse
· dance floor under the center chandelier
· private prep room with restroom
· 2 indoor restrooms – 1 is wheelchair accessible.
· heating/wall fans/venting
· coat rack
· large projector screen
· caterers prep area (no kitchen)
Weddings do not include:
· set-up and clean-up of any items you rent from a 3rd party or bring personally
· linen/dish/glassware rentals
· LGCA liquor permit & bar tender
· ceremony sound system & sound tech
· parking attendants
· air conditioning
· additional portable restrooms (if required, based on MB Health regulations for # of guests)
NOTE: If you are renting a wedding tent instead of using the greenhouse, the City of Winkler has a permit application, and a fee will be required by the local planning district - MSTW. We do not supply the tent but we can recommend local tent rental companies.
Some of our OPTIONAL RENTAL ITEMS: (some may be included in your rental)
o black chair pads
o white chairs for bride/groom
o white chair pads (for head table only)
o backdrop of fabric & lights, white ceiling draping
o black iron arbor
o wood arbor
o outdoor pergola fabric draping and/or paper lanterns
o greenery: table garland & wreaths
o vases (variety of sizes) with floating candles
o black wire grids (2’X6’) with mini clothespins
o white cocktail adjustable height tables
o white or black signing table & chair
o wood bar height table
o wood round table
o rolling bar cart
o white lighted trees (1–8’, 4–4’)
o velvet loveseat/sofa (for bridal party photography)
o 12’ church pew
To reserve date: $1000 non-refundable deposit.
6 months prior to wedding date: $1000 payment due
2 months prior to wedding date: $500 refundable damage deposit, remaining balance and GST due.
At rehearsal: Payment for any additional décor rentals not included in original quote.
· Fees/penalties/damage expenses will be debited from damage deposit and any remaining balance will be due or damage deposit returned within 10 days of wedding.
· Full refund, less $1000, will be issued if cancelled more than 6 months ahead of wedding day. No refund if cancelled less than 6 months ahead of wedding date.
· Venue is available only for contracted date/time, and only for intended purpose. It is not transferrable.
· Payment may be made by e-transfer, cheque or cash only.
· We are required to charge GST.
Possible additional charges:
· Any and all damages to furniture, facility and grounds above damage deposit.
· Excessive cleaning.
· Cigarette butts, alcohol containers, evidence of illegal substances, pet droppings, or excessive litter found on-site, will result in forfeiture of damage deposit.
· Portable restrooms (if required; based on guest count; we will let you know if they are needed for your wedding)
· Full service set-up/decorating/clean-up of personal and 3rd party items you provide. Price dependent on services required. Must be pre-arranged.
See preferred vendors below the Photo Gallery! You are welcome to use your own vendors as well. We just know that these do a wonderful job here!
We would love to be the beautiful start to your happily ever after! Contact us today to arrange a venue visit!
Brittany Unrau https://www.instagram.com/brittanyunrauphotography/
Marina at New Style Catering
Simply Sweet Buttercreams https://www.instagram.com/simply.sweet.buttercreams/
Kevin at Flatland Catering
Danny's Whole Hog
Kings Deli & Eatery - charcuterie, dessert platters
Gil's Catering (BBQ & more)
Janzen Brothers - high quality sound system rentals
Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/29455789?source_impression_id=p3_1575581078_%2B5qy2FWc%2BLNFshSe
More pics below! Pine Loft Bed & Breakfast is a 3 minute walk to Zara's Garden. It is the perfect location for getting ready, or accommodation for friends and family from out of town, or even as a honeymoon suite. Booking is online, directly through Pine Loft Airbnb. See link above to reserve this amazing space for your wedding day!
wedding photos credit: @kalielisephoto
A brand new Best Western Plus (2021) is just a 2 minute drive down our road - newly named Diamond Drive. There is also a Quality Inn and a Days Inn within a 5 minute drive. Too numerous to mention are local restaurants and things to do in the Winkler/Morden area.